With the baby coming in less than a month, I’ve started to read books on labor. My mom got me this great labor booked called “Better Birthing with Hypnosis, mindful Pregnancy and easy labor using the Leclaire Childbirth Method” by Michelle Leclaire O’Neill, Ph.D., R.N. I’ve starting skimming it and I came across this wonderful meditation about staying in touch your purpose and body. It could be used for more than labor. Here are a few lines from the mediation. Page 180:
- Feet: Walk your own path. What does that mean to you?
- Legs: Support yourself and get proper support from others.
- Hands: Reach out and hold onto what you want and need. Let go of what you don’t need or want.
- Arms: Comfort and embrace yourself, your baby, and others whom you chose.
- Shoulders: Carry what you want and need. Let go of the rest. Ask your own inner guide or your own higher power for the wisdom to know the difference.
- Eyes: See what you choose to see. Fill your eyes with beauty. Choose your literature, television, and movies carefully. Spend as much time as you can in nature in the midst of wherever you are. While you’re pregnant, make a list of what you want to to show your baby.